Having the right appliances at your fingertips can make a world of difference in how easy it is to prepare meals in your kitchen. Apart from large appliances such as a refrigerator and range, you may also want to invest in a few small appliances to speed up the cooking process and give you a wider range of options in terms of the types of meals that you can prepare. Here are five of the best small appliances for kitchens that you may want to consider purchasing.
- A food processor. A large portion of the time that goes into preparing meals typically is spent performing tasks such as cutting up vegetables or shredding cheese. A food processor can make short work of these types of tasks, dramatically reducing the amount of time that you have to spend on prep work. This can free up your time to do other things that you enjoy.
- A slow cooker. Crockpots or slow cookers can be an absolute lifesaver on busy days. In most cases, you can simply toss all of the ingredients into the crockpot in the morning and by the time you get home in the evening your meal will be prepared and waiting for you to eat. They are also handy
to have on hot days since they allow you to enjoy a home-cooked meal without having to turn on your cooktop or oven.
- An oil less fryer. Oil less fryers, also known as air fryers, will allow you to cook almost any fried-like dish without the mess of having to set up, warm and clean a regular deep fryer, plus it won’t add almost any extra calories to your food during the cooking process. Air fryers are relatively new to the market, but here is a very comprehensive buying guide in case you are interested in getting one.
- A toaster oven. Toaster ovens can be useful for heating up small portions of food. Rather than having to turn on your larger oven to heat up just a little bit of food, you can save energy by putting the food in the toaster oven for a few minutes instead.
- A blender. Blenders can perform a number of different tasks in the kitchen ranging from making smoothies to puréeing soup. Investing in a high-quality blender will allow you to quickly liquefy a variety of different foods.
- A microwave. When it comes to cooking in a hurry, there is no better small appliance than a microwave. Being able to toss cold food into the microwave and have it emerge fully heated in just a few minutes can be a real timesaver on busy days. From popcorn to full-blown meals, you can cook just about everything in a microwave in a fraction of the time it takes to cook in a traditional oven.
By purchasing these five small kitchen appliances, you should be able to make just about any meal that you want quickly and easily.